Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby's Closet Upgrade.

This past weekend your dad and I were planning on going to visit your Grandma & Grandpa E., unfortunately the weather had other plans... It was raining SO hard on Friday night that we decided not to make the four hour drive in the dark and rain and stayed home instead. On Saturday, we decided to be productive and get a start on getting your nursery ready for you. The first thing we needed to do was a closet makeover! Your room is pretty small, so we wanted to make the most of the space we do have in the closet.

It started on Saturday, we first had to clean out all of the stuff that was in that closet - mom's wedding dress, wrapping paper, vaccuum, dad's dress clothes, ironing board, extra sheets, mom's dresses, backpacks, shoes ... you name it - it was in that closet! Here is the before:
Once we had everything moved out, we were reminded of the reason we needed to paint it - the lovely splatter paint and awful shelving!

Your dad tore out all of the shelving and hanging rod and then had to patch all the holes from the one trillion nails that were in the walls... Here he is - hard at work!

When I was taking pictures of him he asked, "Why are you taking pictures of me right now???" And I told him it was so we could remember our project. And his reply was this "You do realize that in 15 years our child is going be looking through old photos and find this one and say - Why the heck do you have a picture of Dad painting the closet?!?!." And I realized that he was SO right! Because that would be my exact reaction if I found an old picture like this of my dad :) So I guess now you know why I have a picture of Dad painting the closet...

Here it is, all cleaned out and painted:
While your dad was painting, I made a trip to the store to buy a closet organizer which we put in on Sunday. When I was screwing in the main support bar, your dad said "Do you really think you need that many screws??" I said that I want to make sure it is good and secure just in case you take after your Uncles and one day decide it's a good idea to hang from your closet bars ... Not that I'm encouraging that, but at least I know the whole thing won't come crashing down!!

Almost finished:



The last step was to put back in the adorable clothes and toys you've gotten as gifts. I can't wait to fill it up with more of the cutest baby stuff :)

And now you have a nicer closet than your mom & dad ... I hope you enjoy it!! I know I will :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment