Thursday, March 8, 2012

Twenty Weeks.

We're halfway there - halfway to your birthday, halfway to parenthood, halfway to meeting you!!! I can't believe we've made it this far and it's all downhill from here :) This week you are now the size of a cantaloupe - yeesh! Getting pretty big! You're about 6.5 inches long and you should weigh about 10.5 ounces. You now have developed taste buds and you are swallowing lots of amniotic fluid every day, getting ready for the outside world.

I've been feeling pretty good lately, my only major complaint is that I'm getting a lot of headaches, but that could also be from the weird weather we've been having. It has been pretty warm lately - yesterday it was about 65 degrees - very warm for early March! I actually ran outside in shorts and a tee shirt yesterday, it was great! I also noticed that I didn't have such a tough time running yesterday because I didn't feel like I needed to go pee every step of the way :) You must be growing up higher in my belly now - and I'm not complaining!

This past weekend we went shopping with your Grandma & Grandpa P. who wanted to buy us a rocking chair for your room :) It was so nice of them to just let us pick out whatever we wanted and order it for us! After lots of testing, we found the perfect chair. It rocks/glides and has a footstool that rocks too. The best part is that the back reclines so I can take a little nap in it if I want :) Here is what it looks like, it should be here in a couple of months!!
On Tuesday, I got two comments from strangers about being pregnant - so that was a first, but it felt good too :) The first was from a woman at the gym who said I had a cute belly and the second was from the cashier at the market. I stopped on the way home to pick up dinner and I also wanted to buy a six pack of beer for Grandma and Grandpa P. to say thanks for watching Leo for us. When I got to the checkout, the cashier asked for my ID for the beer and then said "Even though I know you won't be drinking this!!". I laughed and said that's right :) So I guess that means I definitely look pregnant now! Here we are this week:


How far along? 20 weeks - half baked!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much in full maternity wear now. I've still got some shirts that still work for me, so I'm trying to stretch those out. I also broke down and ordered some maternity running and yoga pants ... the ones I was wearing were getting pretty darn tight around my stomach.

Stretch marks? Still nothing
Sleep: I've been really tired this week, but still sleeping well.
Best moment this week? Getting your closet done and getting the glider ordered. Your dad and I also had some good laughs with Leo this weekend - he found a new favorite toy...  a washcloth, go figure!
Miss anything? Being able to take Motrin for headaches, but that one's a no-no
Movement? Still just feeling a kick or two in the evenings, although at the end of my yoga class last week, you were going a little crazy in there! It made me smile :)
Food cravings? I was craving a donut last Friday SO badly - and not just any donut. It had to be a cake donut with chocolate frosting and colored sprinkles. Luckily, your dad is amazing and went and picked on up for me on Saturday morning, YUM!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Sometimes the headaches get bad enough that I start feeling dizzy :(
Have you started to show yet? Yep! I think I'm pretty obviously pregnant at this point!
Mood? Joyful!
What are you looking forward to this week? Heading up to my parent's house this weekend - take two! Hopefully the weather cooperates this time!

I hope you're ready to join our crazy little family - we sure are ready to meet you :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment