Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thirty-six Weeks.

We are in the home stretch now baby - month nine, only about four more weeks to go! And, man, I am ready to get this show on the road! You should weigh about 6 pounds this week and you are still coming in at about 18 inches long - which is about the size of a honeydew melon. Most of your important development is complete at this point - you are just gaining weight and your lungs are still working on getting ready for your first breath. Your liver and kidneys are fully functional and your circulatory and immune systems are good to go at this point too.


It has been a long week for me - staying focused at work is becoming very difficult and the days are feeling longer & longer. It has also been really, really hot recently which has made me pretty uncomfortable and my feet and ankles are SO swollen - not a pretty sight! But I know the end is near, so I'm trying to make the best of it and enjoy being pregnant while I can. So that means (semi-) guilt-free cravings like ice cream and cream soda and soaking up every time you start squirming around - I love that!


We don't have a lot going on this weekend, which will be nice - hopefully your dad and I can just relax and spend some quality time together :) Next week, I'm taking Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off from work - and I am SO pumped for that! Yay for a two day work week! Hopefully your Grandma & Grandpa E. will be able to come and visit us then too, probably for the last time until they come to meet you! 


How far along? 36 weeks
Maternity clothes? I had to try on three shirts on Monday morning - they were all too small! I never thought I would see that day :)
Stretch marks? Still none
Sleep: I've slept like a rock this week!
Best moment this week? Finishing your room and getting everything ready for you - so exciting!
Miss anything? I miss running - and even a nice long walk! It has been so hot that even walking is pretty uncomfortable.
Movement? Lots of little squirms and thumps now - nothing big anymore, no more room!
Food cravings? Nothing specific lately
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope 
Mood? Happy to be in the final weeks!
Labor Signs? Lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, especially when I'm really active
What are you looking forward to this week? A nice, quiet weekend at home, hopefully staying out of the heat and my short week next week!


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment