Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thirty-seven Weeks.

It's official! You are full term this week :) That means that your lungs are developed enough that if you were born today you probably wouldn't need any help breathing and we would be able to take you home with us! This is great news - it means you can safely make your appearance at any time now! You are still just growing bigger and bigger - this week you are about the size of a watermelon, you weigh a little over 6 pounds and you are probably about 19 inches long.

I'm now going to see the doctor once a week - yesterday was my 37 week appointment and everything looks good! My blood pressure, weight, urine, iron, and platelets all look good and you are measuring right on track. Your heart rate was a healthy 153 bpm yesterday and you were moving around like crazy when the doctor was trying to determine your position. Your head is still down, but you are kind of laying horizontally now - which is ok, you definitely aren't breech or transverse, but it just means your head isn't engaged in my pelvis yet to get ready for birth. Hopefully you'll make that move soon - because I'm getting anxious to meet you!!

Today is my 'Friday' at work - tomorrow is a Holiday for the 4th of July and I'm taking vacation days on Thursday & Friday - yay!! I'm looking forward to a few relaxing days at home! Hopefully your Grandma & Grandpa E. are going to come visit us for a few days this week, and your dad and I have some other things getting done around the house. A plumber is coming to install a garbage disposal and fix our outside faucet today and then on Saturday we have someone coming to clean out the air ducts in the house. I know you aren't going to care if we have a working garbage disposal when you come home with us - but I'm still so glad to be getting it done before you arrive!


How far along? 37 weeks
Maternity clothes? I'm really loving dresses these days - I stay so much cooler in them than in pants or shorts with the full belly panel to hold them up.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: I've been getting up to go to the bathroom more than ever lately and my back and shoulders are starting to get really sore... so sleep has not been so wonderful.
Best moment this week? Reaching full-term with you and knowing that you can now come out at anytime!
Miss anything? I miss lots of things - running, a cold beer, normal sized feet, and generally just feeling healthy and mobile!
Movement? You are still definitely my little squirms :)
Food cravings? Fruit! Pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Just the excessive heat!
Mood? Trying to stay patient, but I'm getting really ready to meet you!
Labor Signs? Some Braxton-Hicks contractions, not much else
What are you looking forward to this week? My long weekend and seeing my parents!


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment