Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thirty-eight Weeks.

We're inching closer and closer to meeting you - hopefully only about two more weeks :) But you are ready to join us any time now, your lungs are fully mature and your immune system is good to go! This week you are about the size of a pumpkin - you weigh about 6.5 pounds and you're about 19-20 inches long. We are certainly ready to meet you and it's nice to know that you are ready to meet us too!


Last week was really nice - I had lots of time off work and your Grandma E. came and stayed with us for a few days. We did have a major heat wave last week though, so that made getting out of the house pretty tough but it has cooled off a little bit now - only in the high 80's instead of the low 100's!! I've been still trying to stay active, lots of walks (albeit, slow walks) and I'm still going to yoga once a week. Last week your Grandma even went with me to yoga, which was really fun :) The walking is definitely getting tougher, but I feel good when I finish and I know that walking could help get you out sooner - so I just keep going!


In other exciting news - this will be my last week at work before I start my maternity leave next week!! I had originally planned to work up to the bitter end, but I'm getting more uncomfortable by the day and I had already planned to take some additional time off after you get here, so I decided to start my leave a little early. I know that it won't be too long until you're here, so I hope the next few weeks go by quickly and I don't get too bored at home :) I guess I'll have Leo to keep me company!!


How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes? I'm glad I won't be working for much longer, because I am very quickly running out of work-appropriate clothes that still fit.
Stretch marks? Knocking on wood, still none
Sleep: Getting difficult - it's hard to get comfortable and I'm also going to the bathroom a lot more often. And you move a LOT at night now, which keeps me up sometimes!
Best moment this week? Hanging out with my mom last week :)
Miss anything? Wearing normal clothes - maternity shorts are terrible!
Movement? Lots of rolling movement and hiccups - I can tell you are out of room in there! You also like to stick your back and butt out at the front of my belly which makes everything look all lopsided and weird :)
Food cravings? Nothing specific this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I have been feeling generally queasy for the last couple of days, but I'm not sure why.
Mood? Happy to be done working soon and super excited to meet you!
Labor Signs? Some Braxton-Hicks contractions, achy back and legs
What are you looking forward to this week? Finishing up with work and my doctor's appointment tonight.


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment