Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thirty-nine Weeks.

We're down to the wire now! We are just one week away from your due date... which means we are in the single-digit days left until we meet you (hopefully)! As we get closer to the forty week mark, you are packing on more baby fat than ever which is making your skin look less pinkish-red and more white. That also means you now weigh about seven pounds and you are probably somewhere around 20 inches long. You're about the size of a watermelon now, which means you are running out of room in my belly - you are still moving a lot, but they are definitely smaller movements. You don't 'kick' as much anymore - it's more like stretches and flexes, and of course, the hiccups!


Last week was my last one at work so I'm now officially on maternity leave!! I'm glad to be done working and choosing an end date made it a lot easier to transfer my job duties - no leaving work in limbo every afternoon! So now that I've been home for a few days, I'm just trying to keep myself busy and not get too impatient. I've done quite a bit of cleaning and walking with Leo and  spending time with some of my girlfriends. It has still been very hot for the last few days, so I haven't been able to get outside much - but hopefully it cools off soon!


In the meantime, we are all ready for you to arrive - everyone is anxious to meet you! It has been funny - whenever I call someone (namely, my parents) the first question is "Is the baby coming!?!". And so far the answer has been "Nope, not today!", but I'm looking forward to the time when I can say "Yep - it's time!!!". Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I get to make that phone call :)


How far along? 39 weeks
Maternity clothes? I'm loving skirts, dresses and nightgowns at the moment - no belly band and they are just a lot cooler!
Stretch marks? Ugh... I finally got a few. I just noticed them in the mirror, right underneath my belly button :(
Sleep: It's not the best, I wake up a lot and have trouble falling back asleep. Luckily I can sleep in a little more now since I don't have to get up for work.
Best moment this week? Finishing up work!
Miss anything? Wearing my wedding rings.
Movement? You're less active these days - I think you are just completely out of space!
Food cravings? Watermelon, blueberries and orange sherbet ice cream!
Anything making you queasy or sick? The heat really gets to me...
Mood? I'm feeling really impatient lately... but I know the end is near!
Labor Signs? I'm having more frequent contractions lately, but I have no idea if they are the real deal or not...
What are you looking forward to this week? Seeing the doctor tomorrow and hopefully meeting you within the next week!!!


I also have to add these few pictures of your silly big brother Leo. He got up on the couch to cuddle with your dad the other day and he made himself  right at home :) What a cutie!

I hope you don't keep us waiting for too much longer - we are SO ready to meet you baby!!


All my love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hope to see that baby soon! I am so excited for all of you! That moment when they first put that baby in your arms is magical!

    ReplyDelete