Friday, June 1, 2012

Appointment Update.

Now that we have appointments with the doctor so often, it's getting hard to keep up with writing about them! Anyway, we had our 32 week check-up on Wednesday morning and the way the scheduling worked out, I had to go at a time when your dad couldn't make it because of work. So that was kind of a bummer, but luckily the appointments are still pretty routine and boring so he didn't miss much!


The actual appointment consisted of the usual - take my weight, blood pressure and urine sample - all looked normal! I'm now to the point where I can't see my feet anymore past my belly when I'm standing up, which means I can no longer see the numbers on the scale - good news! I think that will be my strategy for the next couple months - out of sight, out of mind :)


The doctor then had me lay back and measured my belly (and you!) - you are measuring right on track, if anything maybe a day or two ahead of schedule! The doctor said that it doesn't really mean much because the measurements can change just depending on how you are laying at the time, so I shouldn't worry about it too much unless you really start to consistently measure a lot bigger. So it sounds like we are on the right track! She then listened to your heartbeat - still going strong at 158 bpm.


After that we talked a little bit more about labor and delivery and she answered some questions I had about random stuff that moms think about and then we were done! Quick & painless... and I'll be back to do it all over again in two weeks... 


Tonight is the first part of our childbirth class that we are taking at the hospital, so I'm excited to see how that goes. I hope it is interesting information, and that we have lots of potty breaks :) The rest of the class is for most of the day tomorrow and hopefully we will leave there being better more prepared for you to arrive! You've been squirming like crazy today, so I take that to mean you are excited too :) 


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment