Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thirty-five Weeks.

This week marks 35 weeks down and 35 days to go until you are due to arrive! It's hard to believe that we're getting so close, but sometimes it feels like that day will never come. You now weigh over five pounds and you are probably about 18 inches long - which the baby books say is the the size of a honeydew melon or a coconut. You're doing more of the same this week, packing on your baby fat, making millions of brain connections, and developing your lungs.

We had a really nice (and busy!) week and weekend - but I'm glad to stay busy at this point, it keeps me from getting too impatient while waiting for you! On Friday morning you and I drove to  Port Austin and spent some time hanging out, then Grandma E. and I met up with Aunt Linda and Uncle Ozzie, Mr. Glenn and Mrs. Joni, Grandma Benita, and Aunt Amanda for dinner at China King - delish!! We spent Saturday hanging out and catching up with your dear Aunt Amanda who came to visit from Georgia and later on your Aunt Kim joined us. It was so nice to just hang out with the girls and chit-chat. 

On Sunday morning we drove down to Imlay City where your Grandma E. threw us a fantastic shower with all of my aunts and cousins. It was above and beyond - great food, great company, and I felt so much love expressed for you and I - it just reminded me how truly blessed I am to be bringing you into this family. We were (once again!) totally spoiled - tons of wonderful handmade blankets and burp clothes and great, thoughtful gifts that I can wait to use!! 

This week it has been SO hot here - in the high 90's - so that has been a little tough on me. We were able to get into the pool at dad's Aunt Kathy's on Monday night, and that was like a little slice of heaven! Other than that, I've been thoroughly thankful for air-conditioning! Here is our picture from this week, it's funny because you were sticking your butt out at the top of my belly which makes my belly look all flat in the front instead of a nice, round ball. You like to do that a lot, and it always makes me smile :)

How far along? 35 weeks
Maternity clothes? I don't have a lot of hot weather clothes that fit anymore, so I'm just trying to make what I have work for the next few weeks.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Very tired lately, and I've not been sleeping as well in this heat - even with the A/C on high...
Best moment this week? My shower on Sunday and spending time with my mom and Amanda - I'm a lucky girl!
Miss anything? Normal size feet - the swelling is a little out of control - and painful!
Movement? You are still moving a lot, just not quite the big, hard kicks anymore - I think you're running out of room
Food cravings? Fresh fruit - especially watermelon & strawberries
Anything making you queasy or sick? Just the excessive heat - makes me feel pretty yucky 
Mood? Feeling optimistic that we are getting close to the end now 
Labor Signs? Not much this week
What are you looking forward to this week? Your dad and I have our June date on Saturday and we also are finishing up shopping for you, which I've been looking forward to.


Keep on cooking baby, only a few more weeks until you join us :)


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment