Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thirty-three Weeks and Happy Birthday Mom!

We're inching closer and closer to meeting you and in the mean time, you are growing by leaps and bounds! This week you weigh about 4.5 pounds and you are about 17 inches long - which my baby book says is about the size of a durian fruit... whatever the heck that is!! Your bones are now hardening - except for your skull bones which will stay soft to make it easier for you to be born :) You are also now sensitive to light... I can see us having some fun with a flashlight in the near future!


You have been SO active lately and I really love it :) It's kind of like our little secret when I'm sitting in a meeting at work and you start rolling around like crazy - it puts a smile on my face! It's also fun to try to guess what position you are in and what part of you is jutting out of my belly. Last night I was sitting back on the couch and I looked down and you must have really felt like hanging out on the right side of me because my belly was so lopsided and we could clearly see and feel your bottom and back sticking out. It was so cute and funny! What is not so cute and funny is when you kick me SO hard in the ribs - I know you are going to be one strong, rambunctious baby!


Here we are at 33 weeks - on my birthday :) :)


How far along? 33 weeks
Maternity clothes? I feel like I may never be able to wear normal clothes again... even my once-baggy t-shirts are stretched waaaayyyyy out now! 
Stretch marks? Nope, but I have noticed the linea nigra (line of pregnancy) getting darker ever since my mom pointed it out a couple of weeks ago... that goes away though!
Sleep: Sleeping well in between my four bathroom breaks... and I'm definitely more tired lately!
Best moment this week? My gloriously lazy, relaxing birthday!
Miss anything? Wearing my wedding ring - I feel naked without it
Movement? You are definitely living up to your nickname Squirms!
Food cravings? Root beer, lucky charms, chocolate!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Sometimes the heat really gets to me and I start to feel light-headed and nauseous
Mood? Excited that we are getting close to the end and to meeting you!
Labor Signs? Lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, especially when we go for our walks
What are you looking forward to this week? Lots of exciting stuff this week - I have a shower with the ladies at work on Thursday, the we have the Diemer Run 5K on Saturday morning followed by a wedding shower for Jessica that afternoon. Finally on Sunday morning I have another shower with my girlfriends and then your dad's cousin Christopher's graduation party later that day. Whew! We are in for a busy weekend!


Like I said above, I had a wonderful day on Sunday - it was very laid back and low key and I loved every minute :) We went shopping in the morning for some groceries and also bought some curtains and a lamp for your nursery. We got home and had some of the delicious red velvet cake that your dad made for me while we watched the Tigers game. Your dad even wrote out my age on my cake in candles - he's so creative!
I didn't even know I liked red velvet cake - but it is SO yummy! Definitely one of my new favorite desserts :) In the afternoon, we sat outside on the patio and read our books and then ordered some Chinese food for dinner. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad to have spent it with you and your dad and your brother Leo! One more picture of the birthday girl with the tasty cake:


Here's to hoping my 26th year is the best ever!!
All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment