Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thirty-four Weeks.

You're growing by leaps and bounds now baby! This week you weigh close to 5 pounds and you're somewhere between 17 and 18 inches long. That means you are about the size of a bag of sugar - adorable!! You are moving around like crazy and this week you can now recognize and react to simple songs :) Your skin is smoothing out as you pack on the baby fat, your brain is still making thousands of neural connections a day, and your lungs are becoming more and more mature.


We had a busy weekend, but it was a great one! I had two baby showers, and we were spoiled rotten at both of them. It is so great to have such amazing family, friends, and coworkers :) I also went to a baby shower for my friend Jessica and met her friend Lisa (who is wonderful!). Lisa just had her son Gabriel last month at the hospital where you will be born, and she told me how great the hospital and nurses were, so that was very encouraging! We did spend a lot of time inside this weekend though - because it was HOT! Having you hanging out with me makes me overheat a lot faster than usual, so thank goodness for air conditioning!


This weekend is shaping up to be another busy one - and I'm so excited about it! Your Aunt Amanda is coming to visit!!! She is flying in on Thursday and I'll drive up to Port Austin on Friday morning so that we can spend the day together ... and I'm pretty sure a trip to China King will be in order!! On Sunday, we'll drive to Imlay City for my final baby shower with my family, which I am really looking forward to. Your dad is hanging out at home for most of the weekend with Leo, but on Sunday he gets to go with his dad and your Uncle Nick down to Detroit to catch a Tigers game together. Should be fun!


Here we are at 34 weeks, before my shower with my girlfriends on Sunday morning:


How far along? 34 weeks
Maternity clothes? I've started to grow out of some things now, but I am trying to resist buying any new maternity clothes when I only have a few weeks left.
Stretch marks? Still none - holding out hope that they stay away
Sleep: It's been a little tough this week, my shoulders and neck have been getting really sore, so I have to keep changing sides.
Best moment this week? Hanging out with the girls at my shower - so nice and relaxing! And I got lots of new mom tips :)
Miss anything? Not bumping into things with my belly - I feel so silly sometimes, but I just forget how big it is!
Movement? You're still moving around a lot and sometimes it seems like you're trying to make your escape through the side of my belly
Food cravings? Powerade, root beer
Anything making you queasy or sick? I've been getting little bouts of nausea here and there, no fun
Mood? Really ready to meet you!
Labor Signs? Crampy, achy back and legs and still having braxton-hicks contractions
What are you looking forward to this week? Definitely seeing my friend Amanda this weekend and my family at the shower on Sunday!!!


Only about six more weeks until we get to meet you!! So excited!


All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment