Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sixteen Weeks.

I really cannot believe that I'm already 16 weeks pregnant - it seems like it was just a few days ago that I was 7 weeks and I felt like I would never make it to 12 weeks - time was just dragging! Being pregnant is starting to seem more and more real every day. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that now I can actually see my body changing so quickly. Don't get me wrong, seeing you on the ultrasound or hearing your heartbeat is so cool, but for some reason I was still feeling a little detatched from that, it just didn't seem real. But now, I can see my stomach growing and feel it getting harder and that is just undeniable proof that you are in there!

This week you are now the size of an avocado - about 4.5 inches long! That just seems so big to me!! My baby book also says your eyelashes are now filling in and your fingernails are also growing like crazy. I think the coolest thing this week is that your ear bones are now formed so you can hear things! Like dad and I talking or music playing or my heart beating ... or in quieter times - your nutty mom talking to herself or the dog :/ By the time you're born you should recognize my voice - wow. I just can't wait!

I feel like my belly sort of 'popped' overnight on Sunday... I woke up Monday morning and said to dad "Holy crap, I look pregnant." To which he replied "um yeah, well you are pregnant honey ..." He thinks I'm a little bonkers sometimes. Usually my belly is not very noticable in the mornings and sort of grows as the day goes along, but the for the last couple of days this has not been the case. There is really no hiding it or sucking it in anymore. I still don't think I'm noticably pregnant, but I don't think it will be long before I start getting comments and looks from strangers.




How far along? 16 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still just pants

Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Starting to get just a tiny bit uncomfortable at night, my back has been sore which can make it tough to fall asleep
Best moment this week? Having a lovely relaxing weekend just bumming around with your dad
Miss anything? Being able to take motrin for this never-ending headache I've been dealing with
Movement? No :( But all the books say it could be anytime now!!
Food cravings? Meatballs!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Overeating ... doesn't take much anymore
Have you started to show yet? To me - I'm obviously pregnant. To others - I've had too many meatballs and oreos.
Mood? Happy and a little impatient!
What are you looking forward to this week? Getting back into running with dad - I put my money where my mouth is and signed up for my running club again. So hopefully that will motivate me to start running again. I'm also really enjoying yoga - so relaxing and helpful!

After dad took my pictures last night, I made him and Leo get in on the act - Leo was happy to oblige:


Your dad was acting all camera shy and tried to hide in the cupboard, of course Leo wanted whatever dad what about to eat...


I finally talked him into taking a picture with me - here we are, waiting for you!!


Keep on growing my sweet little guacamole :) I'll keep providing the treats!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment