Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eighteen Weeks.

Welcome to Month 5, baby! You are the size of an adorable sweet potato this week - about 5.5 inches long and you weigh about 6 ounces. Apparently you're just hanging out, yawning, hiccuping, swallowing, and just being a busy little bee! Oh! And, you have your own unique tiny fingerprints now :)

I'm still waiting to feel the first kicks from you - there are times (usually in the evenings) when I think I feel a little nudge or poke or something from you, but I really have no idea if it's actually you or not! I'm ready and waiting though! We go to the doctor on Thursday for a checkup, and I'm excited to hear your little heartbeat again! Besides that, the checkups are pretty boring ... it is nice to know that everything is going well though.

My belly seems to be growing overnight - I'm at the point now where most of my regular shirts and sweaters don't fit quite right anymore. But, any maternity tops are still way to big for me - they make me just look chubby instead of cute and pregnant :( So I'm still trying to find a happy medium, I ordered a few maternity shirts online so hopefully I'll be out of this stage soon. At the rate you're growing though - it shouldn't be long! Here we are at 18 weeks:

How far along? 18 weeks
Maternity clothes? Like I said above, it won't be long before I make the transition to maternity shirts.

Stretch marks? Nope - but I should buy stock in Vaseline lotion!
Sleep: Sleeping great lately :)
Best moment this week? Spending the weekend up north with your dad - and of course my spa day!
Miss anything? Getting out of chairs and bed without feeling dizzy.
Movement? Maybe? I don't know ...
Food cravings? Last night I had a hankering for Vitale's pasta and meat sauce - and of course your wonderful dad made the trip to pick it up for me :)
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!
Have you started to show yet? I think it's getting more obvious, but it still depends on the type of shirt I wear.
Mood? Feeling good - I'm loving my little baby bump lately!
What are you looking forward to this week? Our doctor appointment on Thursday :)

We're closing in on the halfway point - crazy!! Stay warm and keep having fun in there :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment