Thursday, February 16, 2012

Seventeen Weeks.

Here we are in the final week of our fourth month together - man, time flies! And this week you are starting to take after your mom ... you are starting to pack on your baby fat as you gain some weight! You are growing quickly - you're now about the size of an onion. You're about 5 inches long and you weigh about 6 oz. That just seems so big to me, but I've said that before :) Another cool thing you're doing this week is turning a lot of the cartilage into solid bone. Keep it up baby!

You accompanied me on a nice 3.5 mile run yesterday - the weather was beautiful, Leo cooperated, and I felt great! If all goes well you and I will be running the Irish Jig 5K race next month - I'm really looking forward to that! We also did yoga on Tuesday night and I have another class tonight. It feels really good to accomplish some physical activity - even more so now that I know I'm taking care of both of us :)

Here's our picture from this week ... Mom's looking a little disheveled after yoga :/ I think I actually look a little bit smaller now than last week - so maybe it was the meatballs after all!

How far along? 17 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still only maternity pants, but I may need to get some new shirts here pretty soon.

Stretch marks? None yet :)
Sleep: I've actually been getting back to my normal sleep schedule lately - I can't stay up quite as late, but I'm not totally exhausted anymore
Best moment this week? Enjoying a great run yesterday and a long chat with Amanda, and most importantly knowing that my dad was going to be getting better soon!
Miss anything? I miss being carefree - about what I eat and drink, exercise, hot tubs, enjoying a night out. I have a lot more to consider now - and that's a good thing!
Movement? Still waiting...
Food cravings? Continuing to chow down on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - and a new obsession: golden oreos with chocolate cream!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really - feeling good!
Have you started to show yet? Just a tiny bit - I still don't think I look obviously pregnant
Mood? Doing ok after my dad's health scare earlier this week
What are you looking forward to this week? No contest - heading to the spa for the day on Saturday - can't wait to be pampered! And spend some time away with your dad!

Hope you're doing well - you can make your squirmy presence known any time now, I'll be waiting to feel it!!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment