Friday, February 10, 2012

Words of Wisdom.

I promise I'm going to try to not be the type of mom who thinks they need to dispense advice to you at every single point in your life. My own mom is darn near perfect when it comes to advice - she doesn't give me her two cents on everything but she always has great insight and words of wisdom whenever I ask, and even the unsolicited advice is usually something true & profound. I promise I'll try to do the same. Because I know, no matter how much advice I give you, you'll always have the power to make your own decisions in life.

That said, something you should know is that we all benefit from the wisdom of others. I came home from work yesterday and I was surprised to see your dad was home too - he got done with work a little early. As I walk in the door, Leo is there to greet me (like always), I take of my shoes and coat and step into the kitchen. The first thing I see is this:
The next thing I see is your wonderful father - he bought me these beautiful flowers... for no reason at all, other than to make me happy. He's pretty great. Tulips are my favorite flower and purple is my favorite color and the white ones are just like the beautiful flowers we had at our wedding. So simple and yet so thoughtful - they brightened my mood, my kitchen, and my day, and this is one of the many, many reasons that I love your dad.
So, baby, my first piece of advice for you is this: to my daughter - find the man that will buy you your favorite flowers just because he loves you. To my son - surprise the woman you love with her favorite flowers just to make her smile. Because it really is the simple things like this that can make your relationship & life better than ever. It reminds you why you love your partner and that they love you just as much.

I hope with all my heart that someday you will find the person that makes you feel happy and complete and loved - there's really nothing else like it.

All my love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this baby has a very wise momma and a very sweet daddy!

    ReplyDelete