Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Twelve Weeks.

Wow, I can't believe you are already 12 weeks along! It wasn't that long ago when I felt like I would never reach this point. Some consider the 12 week mark the beginning of the second trimester, but most say that's not until 14 weeks. Either way - I'm happy!

You are now the size of a cute little plum and according to my baby book, you now have reflexes! So I'd imagine you're squirming around in there everytime I cough or Leo plops his head on my belly ... sorry bout that! I'm starting to really feel like I'm pregnant, I feel better than in weeks past - but it now actually feels like reality that I'll have an actual baby in my arms in just a few months. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we have slowly been going public with our news - so the more people who know, the more it feels like reality. I'm also starting to notice more of a baby bump, not just bloated/gassy belly - and I know in just a few weeks I'll be able to feel you squirming - crazy!





How far along? 12 weeks
Maternity clothes? Not quite, but I did spend the entire day at work yesterday with my pants unbottoned. So probably soon!
Stretch marks? Trying my best to keep them at bay, slathering lotion all over my belly!Sleep: Sleeping better and I find I'm not quite as exhausted as before
Best moment this week? Telling our friends about you - and especially Dennis' reaction, he was priceless :)
Miss anything? I miss being able to wear all of the clothes in my closet, without worrying that I look pregnant (at work) or worse - just plain fat!
Movement? Not that I can feel
Food cravings? Ice cream this week... and I really wish I could have enjoyed that rare steak last night
Anything making you queasy or sick? The pesto sauce from last night's dinner
Have you started to show yet? Just a bit, but it still kind of looks like I'm just getting a little pudgy around the middle
Mood? Peaceful & happy
What are you looking forward to this week? Borrowing some maternity clothes from Amanda, and hopefully having my mom & dad in town this weekend. Oh! And I'm really excited to get my haircut on Thursday - it's been a while since I've been pampered at the salon!

So it's back to the daily grind at work after the holidays... but the days aren't so bad - I can daydream about you! Your name, what you'll look like, how I can decorate your room, all the good stuff!!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment