Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fourteen Weeks.

We're now officially in the second trimester and you, baby, are the size of a lemon :) That means you are about 3.5 inches long and you now have lots of tiny hair growing. Your kidneys are functioning now too and you can suck your thumb now!

Now that the secret is totally out about you, I feel really good. It was tough to hide it for that long, and now I don't feel so bad about showing off my tiny baby bump - now that people know it's a baby, not just a beer belly! I've also really been enjoying my yoga class - it's nice to get together with other pregnant women and I feel really good when I leave - hope you are enjoying it too!

My belly is definitely protruding now - I can't suck it in at all anymore - so it's been pretty cool to watch you and it grow! It may not be that noticable to the outside world, but I definitely notice!



How far along? 14 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still enjoying the maternity pants!
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: Still pretty tired, and it is getting just a little tougher to get comfortable lately. Putting pressure on my stomach is really uncomfortable now.
Best moment this week? Making our first big baby purchases! The stroller on Monday and your crib on Wednesday!
Miss anything? I miss not feeling like I need to eat something every second of the day! I have been SO hungry for the last week or so.
Movement? Nothing yet :( Hopefully soon!
Food cravings? Oreos dunked in milk, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, yogurt with granola, baked beans!
Anything making you queasy or sick? I can't eat as big of meals lately, I have to eat lots of snacks throughout the day to keep from feeling over-full.
Have you started to show yet? Just a tiny bump sticking out under my shirts, but I don't think you'd know I'm pregnant just by looking at me --- I think.
Mood? Happy and peaceful.
What are you looking forward to this week? I have a doctor's appointment tonight, so hopefully we'll get to hear your heartbeat for the first time - I think that will be awesome!

Like I mentioned above, we decided on a crib for you and I found it on sale online yesterday - so we ordered it! I can't wait to get it and get it set up :) So excited!! We picked the Baby Cache Essential Sleigh Crib in Espresso finish - hope you love it too!!


I think that's about it for this week! Lots of fun stuff :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment