Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thirteen Weeks.

Hey my little Peach! You are now thirteen weeks along and you're growing like crazy - therefore your momma is growing like crazy too! You are now the size of a peach - about three inches long - and as of this week you now have fingerprints :) So cool.

We had a pretty normal week, and then this past weekend, your Grandma & Grandpa E. came to visit us! On Saturday we all went shopping and I finally broke down and bought some maternity pants to wear to work - and I'm feeling so much more comfortable! We also went to the baby store and looked at cribs and rocking chairs :) Your grandparents generously offered to buy those things for us so it was really fun to look! I think we have the crib picked out, but we are holding off on actually buying it. And looking for the rocker/glider is tough, because I know it needs to be very comfortable - I think you and I will be spending lots of time there! It's so exciting to be looking for this stuff - I'm trying to be patient, but I just want you to have all the best stuff!

Tonight is my very first prenatal yoga class at the YMCA and I'm really looking forward to it! My doctor said that yoga is a great exercise to help with labor, so hopefully it will make things go really smoothly for you and I! I'm hoping that I like it, then I can take another class here at work on Thursdays.

I feel like my belly is really starting to pop out this week - which is kind of tough for me because I've always been self-concious of the way my stomach looks, so I just have to keep reminding myself that I've got to make room for you in there - and the only place for everything else to go is OUT! I thought it would be fun to compare the pictures from when I was 5 weeks vs. now at 13 weeks - quite the change I would say!

5 Weeks.

13 Weeks.



How far along? 13 weeks
Maternity clothes? Definitely needing the maternity pants now - shirts still fit fine.
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: Still sleeping very well, and I feel like I have a little more energy now.
Best moment this week? Shopping for cribs with my Mom.
Miss anything? Staying awake past 9 pm!
Movement? Some tiny flutters - not sure if that is you or not!
Food cravings?Chocolate! So I guess I'm back to my normal self :)
Anything making you queasy or sick? The massive breakfast I ate on Sunday morning - a little too heavy on the butter I think.
Have you started to show yet? Only in certain clothes (tight ones) - still trying to hide it at work for a couple more days.
Mood? Excited!
What are you looking forward to this week? Pre-natal yoga class tonight and finally telling my boss that I'm pregnant, then I'll go public on facebook and everyone will know about you!

Hope you are staying warm in there - it's been pretty cold lately!!
All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment