Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Year of Dates: April & Happy Anniversary!

Our date for April kind of got a little screwed up, but we both enjoyed it anyways! The plan was to go to dinner and then go bowling... but plans change! The day we were all set for our date, I had been experiencing some horrible heartburn that just would not go away. We decided to skip dinner because the thought of eating made me feel worse, but your dad already had some buddies lined up to meet us for bowling. I was definitely not in the mood to bowl, so we decided that your dad would head to the bowling alley with his friends and we would have the rest of our date some other time. He had a blast bowling and Prilosec became my new best friend, so we both ended up happy :)

A couple of weeks later we made it out for our dinner at Greydon's Crossings - an English style pub in our neighborhood. It really reminded us of our trip to England, Scotland, and Ireland last fall - the food and the beers! They have about a hundred different kinds of beer - so it was a tough decision for your dad! Here he is trying to make his pick out of their massive drink menu :)
I'm excited to go back after you are here so I can also enjoy and reminisce about our trip!

Your dad and I also celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on April 30! I can't beleive it's already been a year - it went by very quickly! Here is one of my favorite pictures of us from our wedding day:

To celebrate our anniversary your dad took me out to a really nice restaraunt downtown called Leo's. We had a great time and I had the best steak I've ever eaten! It was SO delicious!! We decided that we want to make Leo's our first date after you are here so we can get another yummy steak and I can enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner :) Here we are on our way out:

And of course the belly shot! This was before dinner - 27 weeks, 5 days - I'm sure I was looking a LOT more pregnant after dinner!!

All my love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! My mom told me to pass on something interesting she recently learned. Apparently sweet apples (she specifically mentioned red delicious) are good for reducing heartburn. Hope that helps! -Jess

    ReplyDelete