Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thirty Weeks.

Wow. The big 3-0. We've come a long way, baby! I was just reading back on some of my older posts when you were just the size of a raspberry, and now you are closer to the size of a head of cabbage! The amount you have grown just amazes me! You now weigh about 3 pounds and are about 15.5 inches long - so no wonder I can feel you moving so much and now we can actually pick out heels and elbows or whatever else you are jamming into my ribs :) Your skin is starting to smooth out and your brain is still developing like crazy as you continue to pack on the weight. This week, you are strong enough to grasp my finger - I cannot wait to feel that for the first time!!

This weeek is when I start seeing the doctor every other week so we can keep a closer eye on you (and me!), so we have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I also had to go yesterday to get a Rhogam shot because I have a negative blood type and it can be bad for me if you end up having a positive blood type. If you are positive, I'll get another shot after you are born - so I'm really hoping you're negative because that shot hurt!! This weekend will hopefully be a pretty calm one, I have a wedding shower on Sunday, but other than that I'm hoping to just lay low :)

How far along? 30 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yep, but I'm getting kind of sick of my high-waisted pants :(
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I'm feeling very lucky that I'm still sleeping very well. Some of that fatigue is setting back in though ...
Best moment this week? Running the Riverbank Run and spending time with my Mom :)
Miss anything? Not bumping my belly into everything! Sometimes I just forget how big it is!
Movement? You are very active and I love it! Your kicks are definitely getting stronger and I feel them mostly on my right side - right underneath my ribs, which doesn't always feel so good!
Food cravings? Kettle corn!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet? Yep
Mood? Getting more excited by the day :)
What are you looking forward to this week? Visiting the doctor again tomorrow and Jessica's wedding shower on Sunday

Only about 10 more weeks until you are in my arms!! I can't wait!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment