Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Showered with Love!

We've had a pretty busy couple of weeks here lately - but it has been lots of fun! Two weeks ago I had my first baby shower with all of Grandma P.'s friends and it was so great! We really got spoiled with some great gifts and toys and adorable clothes for you :) Then last week, I had Friday off from work so my mom came into town and we spent the day shopping and running errands and just hanging out. It was really nice to spend some time with her and it was just the start of another great weekend.

Later on Friday night, your Aunt Kim came into town too! On Saturday morning we all woke up early for the Riverbank run. I had been struggling to stay motivated to keep running in the couple of weeks leading up to the race, but I had set a goal for myself to run the 5k race so I really wanted to accomplish that. Your dad, Aunt Kim, Grandma E., and I were all signed up for the 5k run and I'm happy to report we all finished the race! I was so glad that I was able to run and I actually felt pretty good when I finished - you did great too! We were a little slower than the Irish Jig, but considering that you're 8 weeks bigger - I think we did pretty good, finishing at 40:39. Your Grandma & Grandpa P. also ran the 25k race and they did a great job! After the race, we hung out at the after party for a while which was really fun :) Here we are being silly after the run:
I'm glad that I completed the race and I'm happy that I met my goal - and now I don't have to force myself to run anymore if I don't want to. I see a lot of walks and yoga in our future!

On Sunday morning, we had another shower with your dad's family that your Grandma E. and Aunt Kim came to as well. Once again we were spoiled with lots of wonderful gifts and kind words from everybody. Everyone is SO excited to meet you and find out if you are a boy or a girl! Here we are with both of you Grandmas - anxiously waiting for you to make your appearance!
 And here we are with dad and your Grandpa & Grandma P.!
After the shower, Grandma E. and Aunt Kim had to hit the road to head back home and I spent a little time in the yard, planting the flowers that Grandma E. had brought for us from her greenhouse. It was such a beautiful day - my first Mother's Day! - and it was great to play in the dirt a little bit!

Later that afternoon, your dad put together your stroller and car seat which was fun to see that stuff come out of the boxes that are now taking over our living room!!


Of course Leo had to help out with everything! I can't believe that in just about 10 weeks we'll be bringing you home in that adorable little seat!!

Last night we had our hospital tour so we know where to go and what will happen when you are ready to meet us! We went into a labor and delivery room and got to see where everything is in the hospital - so hopefully we don't get lost :) The hospital is very nice and it is also pretty close to home, so I'm glad we don't have far to go! All of the activity in these last couple of weeks has made it all feel very real that we'll be cuddling you soon!! Can't wait!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment