Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas Baby.

Your first Christmas came and went and it was wonderful. We spent a lot of time with each other and our family which was wonderful. We also shared the news of your impending arrival with your Uncle Nick & Aunt Jenni - they were ecstatic! I'm so glad we got to tell them in person, they had wonderful, happy reactions! Besides them, I think we successfully kept you a secret from everyone else we saw - which was tough because I was exhausted and because I had to stay away from the beer & wine :) We tricked everyone by buying a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling white grape juice that looked just like white wine - perfect cover!

Anyway, here are some pictures: the first is our annual Christmas Eve pre-Church family photo... except we couldn't get brother Leo to actually look in the general direction of the camera - oh well!


We had a great Christmas Eve, I always love listening to your Dad's very talented family play music and sing - I hope you inherit that natural ability, or at least have the patience to learn from your aunts, uncles, and cousins! On Christmas morning, Dad & I woke up early to open gifts before we drove to Grandma & Grandpa E.'s house. Here is Leo 'opening' his gift - a new bone!



Next was your Dad's turn - he was pretty excited!


 Then my turn ...



Dad got me a food processor, hopefully one day I can make you some yummy, healthy baby food in it!


Finally, Dad and I opened the gifts that we had gotten for you! Your very first Christmas presents :) Here is your Dad with the onesie I bought for you... we hope you like baseball!


Your Dad bought a 'piggy' bank for you that counts the coins as you drop them in so we can start saving some money for you ... you know for your first car, or college, or your wedding, or a down payment on your first house!! I can't imagine those days right now, but I know they will be here some day. He also bought you some Detroit Tigers socks and some pacifiers that the kids he worked with really liked. Not a bad haul for you still being the size of a cherry tomato and all... can't wait until next year when you'll actually be in my arms instead of my belly!


Well, Merry Christmas Baby! All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment