Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Doctor Appointment.

This morning was my first doctor appointment - and your's too! I actually just talked to a nurse, so I guess it can't be considered a true "doctor" appointment, but oh well! It was exciting to talk to someone about it and get some of my questions answered.

We started out by going over our family medical histories, and luckily we don't have too many genetic conditions to worry about - just keeping our hearts healthy is the main concern at this point. We then talked about some of the childbirth classes and books and other information sources that are available ... I'm not sure if we'll take a childbirth class, I want to talk to my friend Becky to see if she found it useful or not. Then the nurse answered a bunch of my questions - about medicines and foods (yay for lunchmeat and diet coke!) and running. She then went over the schedule for my appointments - I'll have my first ultrasound in three weeks (cannot wait!!), then I'll be seen every four weeks with another ultrasound at 21 weeks, until I'm 30 weeks and then I'll go in every two weeks. Finally she gave me some paperwork and had me go over to do some lab work.

Now, I've had some major issues in the past getting my blood drawn so I was a bit nervous. I went to the lab and the nurse was wonderful - she kept me very relaxed and was very quick and about as pain-free as you can get. So I'm very thankful for that! They also took a urine sample and I'll find out the results of my tests when I go in at the end of the month.

All in all, it went very well and it's starting to feel more real now and I just have to try to be patient until December 29 when we get to see your beautiful picture for the first time :) I'm very excited!!
And today is your last day as a blueberry... tomorrow you move up to raspberry status! You're growing very quickly and we can't wait to meet you baby!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment