Friday, November 18, 2011

Dearest Baby.

Hi! It's me, your mom :) We found out about you just one week ago, so it's still a little strange to think about myself as a mother, but I know you're in there and I love you already. That's the first thing I want you to know today and for every day of your life - I love you! You are a blessing and my life is already better because of you - that will never change, I promise.

Your Dad and I have been hoping you would join us for a couple months now, and then last week we got to see our dreams come true. On Tuesday night, I called your Dad on his way home from work and said I wanted KFC for dinner - especially the biscuits and mashed potatoes. Looking back this was a little strange - I haven't had KFC in a LONG time, but I was really craving it that night. Fast forward - Dad gets home with the food and I nearly cried because I thought they forgot the mashed potatoes (you'll soon find that out - Mommy loves her potatoes!). They hadn't actually forgotten them, but still - it was a bit weird to be so upset about food. So, on Wednesday morning I decided to take a pregnancy test (this will probably be super embarassing for you someday - sorry!) and lo and behold - two beautiful pink lines!

Dad was still sleeping, so I thought I would be clever and set up the camera to get his reaction on video. Well your Dad woke up as I was fumbling with the camera and looked at me strangely, then asked "Are you pregnant?". And I just nodded and we both started laughing and crying and hugging! It was quite wonderful! Going to work that day was very difficult - I had this great secret (YOU!) that I couldn't tell anyone about. When I got home that day, your Dad took the first pictures of you and I together. I was four weeks pregnant with you by then, but you were still very tiny - only the size of a poppy seed!



From that day on, I knew my life was changed forever and I have never been so proud or so happy to be your mom. I hope you grow happy and healthy in my tummy for the next nine months - we can't wait to meet you in July!!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment