Friday, November 18, 2011

5 Weeks.

Yesterday marked 5 Weeks pregnant with you - even though you've only been really there for about three weeks... they do the counting weird. So I'll take 5 weeks!  I told your Dad the other day that we need a nickname for you - and we came up with Squirms :) I can just picture you in there, squirming around, getting comfortable, and growing like crazy!

Dad took our picture again yesterday - you still aren't quite big enough yet to give yourself away, but you certainly have made my belly a little bigger anyways :)




I want to keep track of how everything is changing week-by-week, so I found these questions on another mommy-to-be's blog.

How far along? 5 weeks
Maternity clothes? No maternity clothes, but I did buy some looser shirts to try to hide my belly at work, I've been pretty bloated the last week (yuck, right!?!).
Stretch marks? None yet!
Sleep: I can't get enough! You have made me feel very tired lately. Dad said he read in the baby book that I'm using more energy laying in bed than he is running! But you need lots of energy from me to grow big and strong, so I'm happy to share!
Best moment this week: Going for a run for the first time since I found out about you - I was very nervous at first, but it felt great and I hope you enjoyed it too.
Miss Anything? I do miss drinking a glass of wine with dinner or sharing a new kind of beer with Dad.
Movement: Nothing yet!
Food cravings: BREAD! Any type of bread - sliced, buns, biscuits, rolls - you name it, I would eat it. And I still have been craving KFC and ribs a little bit - I'm beginning to wonder if you might be a southern baby :)Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specific, but little bouts of nausea have been hitting me here and there - luckily ginger ale has seemed to help calm my stomach down.
Have you started to show yet: Not showing baby yet, but my bloated belly is sticking out!
Gender: We have no idea, but both Dad and I made our guesses that you're a little girl - we'll see in about 35 weeks!
Labor Signs: Thankfully - no!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On if I could - I just found out I'm allergic to the nickel in my wedding ring, so we had to order a new ring which I'm waiting to get
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy, but still a little nervous until we can see you for ourselves on the ultrasound.
Looking forward to: Telling your grandparents about you next week on Thanksgiving! And I'm also anxiously waiting for our first appointment - December 7th.

Happy 5 Weeks Baby Squirms!

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment