Thursday, April 5, 2012

Twenty-four Weeks.

This was a milestone week for us baby - we hit the six month mark and this week is considered to be the age of viability for you. That means that if - heaven forbid - should you decide to make your appearance super-duper early, there is at least some chance that you would be able to make it on your own, with LOTS of help from the doctors. Of course, I would much rather prefer that you stay put, nice and cozy, where you are now for the next 16 or so weeks!! It is just a small comfort to know that you would have a fighting chance

This week you are about the length of an ear of corn (yum!) and you weigh over one pound. Your lungs are developing surfactant which will help them stay inflated once you start breathing air out here. And you inner ear is now fully developed, which means you now have a sense of balance and gravity. Maybe that explains why I can feel you squirming around so much more these days - you are just trying to get yourself facing the right way :)

  
How far along? 24 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still squeezing into my old running clothes, but that's about it. The weather needs to warm up here quickly, because I am getting to the point where I can't quite zip up my winter coat anymore.
Stretch marks? Nada
Sleep: Sleeping really well lately, besides the frequent potty breaks that is!
Best moment this week? Getting your crib set up and just feeling you moving so much lately has been so cool.
Miss anything? Being able to point my toes without getting a leg cramp - what a bummer!Movement? You're squirming a lot these days - and I love it every single time!
Food cravings? Moose tracks ice cream and pistachios
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really
Have you started to show yet? You betcha!
Mood? Feeling pretty good, I've been trying to stay really active - running, walking or doing yoga almost every night - which helps me feel a little more normal
What are you looking forward to this week? My day off from work tomorrow and going to visit my parents this weekend for Easter :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment