Monday, April 16, 2012

Nursery Progress & Appointment Update.

Last Thursday was our monthly doctor check-up and everything went great! Your dad wasn't able to make it to this visit so luckily nothing too exciting happened. It was a pretty standard appointment, the doctor took my weight and blood pressure, measured my belly and then listened to your heartbeat for a bit. Everything was just measuring just right, so it looks like we are both on track. We have been going to the doctor every four weeks, but now that I'm getting farther along we will start going more frequently. I have another appointment at the beginning of May and then after that we'll go every other week for a while, and then it will be every week! When the doctor told me that, it surprised me a bit - I knew that at some point I would be going every two weeks, but it really hit me that we are getting close when she explained that it would be sooner rather than later! I can't believe we are actually getting so close to meeting you :) :)

In other news, the rocking chair & ottoman that your Grandma & Grandpa P. bought us for your nursery arrived last week so your dad and I went to pick them up from the store on Saturday. Of course there was some assembly required, so your dad spent Saturday afternoon working on that. I helped as much as I could too, and of course Leo wanted to be in the middle of everything!
 Reading the directions :)


 It's a chair! Minus the cushions :)

 The ottoman was a lot easier... it came already assembled!
 All finished! It is very comfortable - I can't wait to cuddle with you in it!!!
The crew - relaxing after their hard work!!

We had planned on refinishing a dresser we got from your dad's Aunt Kathy, but we decided to save ourselves the work and ordered a new dresser from the furniture store on Saturday. That way we can keep the other dresser for the guest room and your new dresser will already match the crib and glider :) The new dresser gets delivered on Wednesday, so I'm excited to pick that up and see how it looks in the room!! We're making progress and that makes it feel so much more real that we'll get to meet you VERY soon!! Can't wait :)

All my love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment